9/22/08

I've come to the conclusion...

...that I am the most random blogger of all time. My reasoning for this is that I wait such a while in between blogs that when I sit down to do it again I have so many things that I want to share that its ALL over the place... I am going to do my best to keep this one pretty contained...

For those of you who know me, you know that there are 4 teams so close to my heart that they have a significant effect on my emotions... Bears, Bulls, Cubs, and (of course) the rebs - football and basketball teams. Now lets face it... I was in deep dispair after the Bears and Bulls delivered somewhat disappointing results for their previous seasons (to say the VERY least). However, I stayed true to CHI (as any fans of Chicago have become acustomed to doing) and held my breath for March when the Cubs would take the field for another baseball season. Just to clear things up, I have been a Cubs fan FOREVER, not just since they became good (Which people are quick to say when you can finally express some appreciation to a tem) Anyway, I knew this year would be different because, as many of my friends can attest to, I have always said 2008 would be THE YEAR!...Ladies and gentlemen here we are ready to enter the October and the CHICAGO CUBS ARE BACK TO BACK DIVISION CHAMPS! ah what a sweet feeling! We have clinched the division and our rightful spot in the playoffs. Just a little side note...this is the first time we have won the division two years in a row since the 1908 division (the last year the Cubs won a world series!!!) This is really a great team! They have always been on the cusp of having a great time, but we seemed to lack in the area of a GREAT pitching staff....we've had good, but we needed GREAT! You should all know that I am not counting my chickens by any means. If any of you know Cubs baseball and a little thing I like to call the Billly Goat Curse, you know how fast the luck can change for the Cubs. But I have high hopes and I am stating now that I will pee my pants if they make it to the series and die the happiest girl alive if they would win it! GO CUBBIES!!


Oh..and the Rebels are off to a GREAT start to this football season. This is highly unusual as UNLV fans have come to accept and in trust in the phrase "We'll see during basketball season." But these guys are doing a good job compared to what we've seen in the past. I hope they can keep their momentum going through the season (especially when the face BYU) ugh gross.

Well...as I have gone on about one of my favorite things in this life, let me go to another. I MISS MY FRIENDS! I was a spoiled little girl I have come to realize. There was never a day from the time I was old enough to dial a phone that I did not have someone to call to hang out with. Even if it was just to sit around and watch tv, I always had someone constantly around. I have someone now, but there is a different spot thats hard to fill. The spot that used to consist of Del Taco runs, Carmines, OTH nights, strip drives, Nertz tournaments, Night games, and so much more. I love my life here in Vegas, but I wish I could have the best of both worlds...Thats the funny thing about life, no matter what we have we always want something more. MOVE HOME!!! :( oh and stop getting married... :)



In less than 2 months I will be 21 years old. When did 21 start feeling like 14?! I seriously cant believe I am growing up and it is the weirdest thing in the world. Its a weird age I have decided cause you want to go both ways. You want to go back to being a kid, living the life without worries, stress, or responsibility...but you also want to move forward, take the next step, and become the one thing we thought we never would... and ADULT! This kinda back and fourth struggle can plant some serious doubts...for example I will share a story.. The other day I was at the gas station getting some drinks for my family after we had been working on my sisters new house all day. It was 6:00 at night. A lady was in there, hair messy, still in her pajamas, grocery shopping. I had a few moments of self reflection and scared the crap out of myself when I thought "What if i grow up to be THAT lady?" I freaked. I know I am not old, but I am petrified of growing up to amount to nothing. What if I grow up to be the girl who works at the gas station? What if I grow up to be the girl who grocery shops at the gas station!? I am not trying to pass judgement because I dont know their situations, but its a scary thought, the future. I just hope that I can work hard in school and life and be able to do something that I love that I can love and respect myself for. But honestly, I just want to be a Mom...

Hmm...on a lighter note, today is my sister Stacie and Chris' FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Who would have thought they would make it a year right!? HA just kidding! But really its crazy! And tonight will be the first night they spend in their newly purchased FIRST HOME! We are all so proud of them and love them so much!
Photobucket

Lastly, I LOVE this time of year. Everything starts to cool off, there is usually always a nice breeze. And the anticipation of the upcoming holidays gets me everytime! I love the Fall!!

4 comments:

Alyssa Joy said...

Ham i am so glad that we are both rebs fanatics. Seriously, everyone else thinks i'm crazy for my obsessions but you understand! Perhaps that's why we're BFFs? I think so.

Adams Family said...

Please don't become the lady at the gas station cause i don't know if i could still be your friend, thanks.

NNA said...

Hi , I found your blog by searching for "Nertz" online. It is cool to see others that know the game. I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to let you know about playnertz.com. It has got a bunch of Nertz information there as well as videos and online Nertz games. Feel free to check it out. Also you, your friends/family are welcome to join fellow Nertz players in The National Nertz Association while you are there.

Brittany said...

sam it's about time you put up a new post ok? fill us in on your beautiful life!